Monday, April 1, 2013

Heels

Every now and then I like to go back and look at artwork from my college days as a BFA student. While most of my early compositions are downright embarrassing, a few pieces still hold up. 

My intermediate drawing class was tasked with chosing an object and focusing on it for an entire semester, so I chose the classy & feminine high heel. What I find most impressive with this series is my carefree approach to line...no fussy underdrawing. A practice I need to get back into. 

Sharpie and oil pastel...even back then I was addicted to Sharpies :) 









1 comment:

  1. Love it! The high heel was a great subject choice. There's something rewarding about looking through old work...seeing your creative thought process and how some things have changed and how some things stay the same. The second illustration was my favorite! Glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete